Monday, March 1, 2010

March!

A good month.

The last few months have been fraught with frantic job searches, projects and many many changes— but it seems that a lot of hard work has paid of (some things not as we'd hoped and others just as we'd hoped!) No new jobs yet.

Matt's latest published work is out and available via Amazon (first published work, the cover of The Gospel According to Sueprheroes, also available). The memoirs of Karl Susman, Love Your Geek, feature Matt's illustrations heading each chapter and a totally awesome cover. The first round of copies sold out at the dawn of 2010, but Kindle copies and another shipment will be available soon. (Don't forget to hit ZOOM to get a glimpse of Matt's work)

In more recent news, Lovelite (the band of friends Andrew & Jen Polfer) have also asked Matt to illustrate the latest album with the inclusion of a short story in comic format! I may be biased, but I'm pretty proud of this little tale and very proud that it is featured in soon-to-be released Lovelite album (now on a new label called "Come&Live"). Matt will post more awesome sketches & concepts (like this) on his blog and website.
If you want to see more stuff posted, harass him.
Please!

Lastly, Matt aims to be at least thrice-published in 2010 with his latest self-published work for Stumptown Comics! this April. It's about... whelp— no one except Matt knows! But the world will surely be awed in coming months (this assurance surely comes from no bias on the part of doting wife). The Sheeans will be in exhibiting alongside Malachi Ward and Jed McGowan sharing a table with SmallAdventures' Keiko Brodeur/Ward.


And what is going on with Danica Linn Northend/Sheean? While Matt was in the Matt-cave inking works of genius, I was mostly barfing, sleeping, and baby growing during the last few months. All of my vocational and technological endeavors came to an abrupt halt when winter and pregnancy played out— but having to take it easy and do my body right (and having not stopped going since beginning college) has been a blessing in abundance. Creative minds (and preggo-bodies) really do need a hiatus and both of these parts of me are reaping the benefits. I am a very happy Danica.

And it could be the second trimester "honeymoon" phase, but I am feeling like I could kick some major patooty right now! With new office hours, my day starts at 6AM (work ends at 3PM) and I have no problem getting the laundry, dishes and dinner done before crashing long and hard by 10PM. Was this what normal was like? Or is it true that all moms (and moms-to-be!) are supermoms? I sure feel super!

No comments:

Post a Comment